Search this site
- @lauriepottmeyer @comcast Hulu has some add on packages and so does YouTube, some of the ABC and NBC types as well… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- RT @GetCsJosh: Tampa Bay / Central FL, only 14 people are signed up for the 1st Tampa Bay #Skype4B & #MSTeams User Group meeting! Spread th… 1 week ago
- @MCMHenry @SkypeUG Not a single person looking at their phone, must be great content and presenters. https://t.co/GgK7PqFz8x 1 week ago
- Finally got my certificate framed and my #blackbelt on the rack. #Taekwondo https://t.co/gbJiYqMoHO 3 weeks ago
- @SriniRaghavan https://t.co/Y1jDoPpM9h 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: federation
While troubleshooting push notification failure issues with a client, I found an interesting problem. The client had already configured the SRV record as required (http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/), and disabled the URL filtering as required (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2664650), but push notification was still failing with … Continue reading
Recently, while creating some documentation for an install it struck me that federation may be a bit confusing if you aren’t working with Lync on a daily basis. With that in mind I’m writing this article in hopes of clearing … Continue reading
Recently I was working with someone from the technet forums to test their open federation. I added the contact to my list and sent them a message and immediately received the dreaded 504 error in MOC. Since this has been a hot topic on the forums and I see lots of searches landing people here for 504 errors I wanted to share again. I began the troubleshooting process by starting a new debug session on my edge server to grab a SIP trace (see my previous article on the same subject here for more information).
Since the blog I did on Live Meeting troubleshooting I have seen a lot of queries leading people to the site for troubleshooting OCS. I’ve also seen a ton of questions on the subject on the MS forums. All this has lead me to the conclusion that OCS troubleshooting isn’t that easy to get a handle on. With that in mind I’m writing this post on troubleshooting federation. First and foremost, this article is about troubleshooting a mistake I made during a deployment recently, and if you ask any PSS engineer they will tell you 80% of the problems they face with OCS are based on the same thing: human error/configuration error. As I said in my last troubleshooting post, I’m no expert on troubleshooting OCS, but hopefully this post will help someone out there. As always I encourage you to share your stories and methods if you think they may help someone else.